D&D 5e Tortle’s keep it up with an exceptionally basic life as quiet ranchers on the Savage Coast of Mystara. it is a locale that’s extended due to the scaled-down setting of Red Steel. Naturally, they’re innocuous. In any case, they go to battle to safeguard their homes, and normally, they’re truly adept at failing. they have never acknowledged the thanks to getting any semi-official refresh to later releases like their kindred Red-Steel presents the Aranea.
Tortles are humanoid tortoises. They walk upright with a ponderous, rolling gait. The creatures have leathery, reptilian skin and shells that cover their backs and bellies. An adult Tortle stands slightly below 6 feet tall and weighs quite 750 pounds.
Check also: D&D 5e Languages
The Tortle D&D 5E (5th Edition)
Tortles have no hair, their skin is typically olive or blue-green. Their backshells are usually shinier and darker than their skin, while their front shells tend to be lighter, with a yellowish cast. A Turtle’s mouth is beak-like and toothless and should deliver a vicious bite.
Tortles are stocky, but most of their weight comes from their shells, so as that they have a tendency to remain at the same weight throughout their adult lives, never growing fat or thin. Their arms and hands are shaped like those of humans, but thicker. Tortles can wield most weapons as easily as humans, though they typically don’t wear clothing, only sometimes wearing cloaks, belts, or harnesses for carrying tools and supplies.
- Size: Medium
- Type: Humanoid
- Tag’s: tortle
Tortle General Info
- Activity: Cycle Day
- Average Lifespan: 50 years
- Favored: Climate Temperate, warm
- Language’s: Aquan, Common
- Favored: Terrain Swamps, forests
- Average Height: 5-6 ft (1.52-1.82 m)
- Average Weight: 450 lb (204 kg)
- Distinctions: Shell, back darker, front lighter and more yellowish than skin
Peaceful turtle-like humanoids that sleep consonant with nature.
- Ability Score Increase – You’re Constitution and Wisdom scores each increase by 1.
- Age – Tortles can live up to 350 to 380 years, the standard is 365
- Alignment – Tortles tend to be chaotic good.
- Size – Your size is Medium.
- Speed – Your base walking speed is 25 feet. Your swimming speed is 30 feet.
- Shell – you have a troublesome shell that protects you from harm. Your Armor Class is capable of 13 + your Constitution modifier.
- Hold Breath –You’ll hold your breath underwater for 1 hour.
- Retreat to Shell – Using an action, you’ll pull your head and limbs into your shell for up to an hour. While retreating, you’re prone, your speed is 5 feet and you’re resistant to non-magical piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning damage. Once used you cannot use this feature until you complete a quick or long rest.
- Turtle Snapper – Your mouth cuts through leaf and flesh like butter. Whenever you hit a creature with a melee attack on your turn, as a bonus action you’ll make a melee attack against the same enemy. If you hit with them, you deal piercing damage capable 1d4 + your Strength modifier.
- Languages – you’ll speak, read, and write Common and Aquan.
- Subrace – There are three subraces of tortle: Razorback, Softshell, and Desert. Pick one.
Tortle 5e Names
- Male: Aranck, Arre-Catte, Beshiltheeni, Dustu, Gad, Kanuna, Lanu, Mahkah, Nastas, Taheton, Grok
- Female: Abetzi, Anna, Doya, Ehawee, Kuwanyamtiaw, Macawi, Mituna, Talulah, Sikya, Sokow
- Family Names: Anthu, Chilan, Dzuwa, Galu, Lanpansi, Mwala, Mwezi, Nyanja, Tengo, Thanthwe
Tortles tend to urge along well with the other races that have similar personalities and habits as tortles are reclusive and peaceful. They walk and spoke in a lower and milder fashion than the other dwellers of the material plane. They’re unaware of technology and sleep in hunter-style tribes. Normally tortles sleep in straw huts and dirt.